RAWCUS OPEN AUDITIONS
NOTE: EOIs for auditions are now closed.
Rawcus is an award-winning, long-term ensemble of artists with diverse minds, bodies, and imaginations. Rawcus devises new performance work that expresses the imaginative world of the Ensemble.
Rawcus rehearses weekly on Wednesdays in the City of Port Phillip. This is a volunteer position with opportunities for paid work.
For more information on Rawcus click here.
Rawcus is seeking 2 – 3 new artists to join our ongoing Ensemble. This will be a workshop audition. No preparation is necessary. Auditions and callbacks will be held across July 12, 19 and 26. We will be in touch by June 30th to schedule your audition. Auditionees must be over 18 years old. We encourage applications from adults of all ages. People with and without a disability are invited to apply. We encourage applications from people of any cultural background, gender, body type and sexuality.
HOW TO APPLY
To fill in an EOI via an online form click here.
To download a pdf of the EOI click here.
Expression of Interests open on May 5 and close on June 25, 5pm. EOIs may also take the form of a video or audio recording. No late applications will be accepted. If you need assistance with this application please get in touch.
- The building is wheelchair accessible.
- There is 2 hour parking outside the venue, including 2 accessible spaces.
- There is a toilet marked ‘Women’, and a toilet marked ‘Men’ and a toilet marked ‘Accessible’.
- A quiet space is available for participants during the audition.
- A social script of South Melbourne Community Centre will be emailed to you.
- During the workshop, space will be given to adapt exercises to suit individuals.
- Everyone in the room will wear name tags.
- Two support workers, Rachel and Nilgun, will be present to support participation.
- Auditionees can elect to bring their own support. If you would like to do this, please let us know in your EOI.
- Music will be played during the workshop.
- One ensemble member has an assistance animal and they may be present during your audition.
- The lighting is a combination of overhead fluorescent and natural light.
- Should you require further accessibility information or support please get in contact to discuss.
If you have any questions about the position or audition process please email email@example.com or call Morgan on 0406615270.
To download a pdf of this audition notice click here.